Enough is enough – I am finally giving into the minimalist lifestyle. Yep, that’s right. I am getting rid of everything and becoming a minimalist.
Okay, maybe not everything BUT I am doing a huge declutter and choosing to live with the essentials, instead of continuing to accumulate unnecessary junk that is forgotten about in a months time.
You’re probably wondering “but like, why?” so let me explain myself. Let’s all pull our chairs in a circle and allow me to introduce myself. My name is Bria, and I’m a shopaholic.
*gasps heard all around*
Yes, that’s right. I like to shop…like a lot…and because of this shopping I have been doing, I continue to bring junk into the house that doesn’t end up being used, wasn’t needed in the first place, and is taking up unnecessary space in my home. Not to mention, it doesn’t fulfill me the way that I thought it would. I feel like, in today’s society, we are constantly to exposed to “buy this” or “you have to have this” or even “this thing is what is going to make your life so much better”, and we give in, and give in, and give in, until we have given literally all that we have (aka we go broke trying to keep up with the Jones’) and we still are lacking what we were told we get out of buying these things. We aren’t better people for buying those things and we don’t have the sense of fulfillment we thought we would. So we continue on this never ending quest of materialistic happiness.
Well, I am officially putting a stop to this and I plan on continuing to update you all on my Minimalism journey. I think that, whenever we set out to change something about how we live our lives, there should be a main focus and goals in mind. We shouldn’t just blindly change something for the sake of it. For example, you should be asking yourself:
- What is the reason behind this change? What’s your “Why”?
- What do you wish to accomplish?
- How do you envision feeling after implementing said change?
So here are the reasons for me making this change and what I wish to accomplish along the way:
- To shift the focus of happiness and fulfillment away from material things back to God
- To have more appreciation for what I do have and the life I am able to live
- To save money and help get us out of debt
- To declutter my mind and my home to that it is a place of peace instead of a place of anxiousness
- To spend more time focusing on my relationships, my passions and my health
I am super excited to be embarking on this journey and I can’t wait to update you along the way! What are your thoughts on Minimalism? Leave me a comment below – I would love to chat with you!
Until next time,